February is the month of love. This is the season of flowers, chocolates, and romantic dinners. While you are thinking about that perfect gift for your partner this month, consider the gift of health and fitness. Studies show that people working toward improving their health by adopting healthy habits, including exercise, have greater success when their counterparts are pursuing similar interests.
University College London (UCL) Psychologist, Sarah Jackson stated, “Now is the time to make resolutions to quit smoking, begin exercise, or lose weight. And doing it with your partner increases your chances of success.” In a recent study done by UCL of more than 3,000 couples, research indicated both men and women were impacted by their partners’ habits. If you’re wondering what’s in it for you, here are just a few incentives to consider:
- Gain more time. Let’s face it, life gets in the way. Most relationships struggle with finding quality time together. Making healthy habits such as exercise or meal prep a requirement in which you both actively participate, gives you more time to be with one another.
- Share new experiences. You may be a fitness enthusiast, but your partner may not be (or vice versa). Engaging in activities together allows you to create new memories as you discover new ways to connect. Brisk nature walks, a neighborhood run, or taking part in something neither of you have tried before can rekindle smoldering flames.
- Pursue a shared vision. Couples with a common vision sync on multiple levels. Setting goals together automatically creates accountability. The synchronicity established when pursuing shared goals draw you closer to each other.
- Improve your sex life. In addition to the many benefits increased exercise brings, elevated stamina is one of them. Increased activity releases endorphins and a side effect to that is increased desire.
So after the flowers and candy, or dinner and a movie, engage in a healthy sweat session. The perks are as sweet and rich as any box of chocolates!
2017 is history! The time to regain control of your overall health and well being through exercise, nutrition and rest is NOW! Before beginning, here is some important information.
1. Commitment, consistency, and candor are required
2. Your efforts determine your results. Do your best for you!
3. Your fitness journey goes beyond the physical. Dig deep and renew your thinking.
Whatever your reasons for deciding to improve your fitness, the first step of your journey takes place in your mind. Reflect on your reasons for pursuing fitness. More importantly, be honest with yourself.
List your top three reasons for change and rank them in priority order(1 being the top reason). Again, be honest with yourself as your reasons will directly propel your inner motivation. No reason is too small or too grand and you may have reasons that overlap.
Wishing a successful and healthy 2018!
Be one of our 2018 Ten!
Join the private, select group, Candice trains!
Can you believe it is already December? It’s a great time to reflect on your fitness journey and your progress. If you have been maintaining a fitness journal, I encourage you to flip through some of your earlier entries to remember your physical and emotional challenges. Look at where you are today. Those strides you’ve made are highly commendable!
The season of festive foods is still upon us and that means temptation abounds. Don’t derail all the progress you’ve made for a few days of regrettable indulgence. Unbelievably, you can have a holiday that is healthy and fun, too! Incorporating healthy alternatives can ensure you satisfy your palate while maintaining your fitness gains. Don’t ditch those smaller size jeans for stretchy joggers this holiday; try one of these alternative recipes instead.
Ditch the traditional Eggnog. If you are like most and simply have to have Eggnog this time of year, keep in mind a single glass is roughly 500 calories! Make your own dairy- and alcohol-free eggnog this year! We found a wonderful Honey Almond Eggnog recipe (get it here) that requires 5 minutes of prep time and serves approximately 6-8 people.
Spice up your veggie life. If you are someone who becomes bored quickly with the traditional veggie prep during the holidays, give your veggies a hearty kick of citrus and spice. Cooking Light has a wonderful Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable recipe you will love!
Exchanging some of your traditional dishes with some of these alternatives can help keep your waistline in check. Ultimately, accountability is what keeps us on track. Pace yourself. Give yourself 10-15 minutes after your first meal to listen to your body. If full, there’s no need for seconds.
During this season of giving, be sure to give yourself one of the greatest gifts of all, health, and fitness.
Purchase our eGuide, The Holidays: Nope I Won’t Gain!
Unfortunately, most people gain weight during the holidays that tends to become permanent weight. Even worse, year after year these pounds add up! CMF’s The Holidays: Nope I Won’t Gain! removes the guesswork. We teach you educational and practical tips that if followed will prevent you from gaining weight during the holidays!
- The Holiday’s: Nope I Won’t Gain! ten page eGuide
- 10 tips with practical application to navigate the holidays
- Navigate the holidays gameplan
- Navigate the holidays workout
- 10 minute coaching call with Candice
- 10% discount to try other CMF products and services
- Overall, how to Unlock Optimal Performance during the holidays!
- Tips and workouts to successfully navigate the holidays
- Prevent holiday weight gain
Click here to purchase the CMF eGuide to prevent holiday weight!
Our Cyber Monday special is a great opportunity to take advantage of the Train with Candice program! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and questions!
Train with Candice – Elite, online health coaching for the private, select group Candice personally trains to Arise! Receive 20% off the annual payment option or 10% off the quarterly payment option.
CMF Courses – In-depth wellness courses that will help you reach the upper limits of performance and body change. Receive 10% off any course.