As we all navigate COVID-19, here ten health and fitness tips to help you during this high-stress, high-risk situation.
10. Switch to a maintenance mode mindset.
Until these uncertain times diminish, focus on simply maintaining weight and not losing weight.
9. Keep your same workout schedule. If you were not working out, start.
This is not the time to stop working out. If anything, you want to workout more. Working out releases endorphins which helps alleviate and reduce stress.
8. Modify what you do for your workouts. Do not stop working out because your gym is closed.
You can have effective and efficient workouts using limited equipment such as: bodyweight, exercise balls, resistance bands, and light dumbbells. If you need a workout you can do at home, contact us.
7. Perform cardio using bodyweight exercises.
If you do not have a bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc. at home, then perform exercises such as: jumping jacks, mountain climbers, high knees, and glute kickers for your cardio.
6. Eat clean.
With more idle time, make a conscious effort to have great nutrition 95 percent of the time.
5. Increase your water intake.
Carry a water bottle everywhere you go to sip water throughout the day. If you do not like water add pizzazz by adding in a lemon, strawberries, oranges, etc.
4. Focus on getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
Adequate sleep will help reduce your stress levels.
3. Meditate at least 10 minutes a day.
There is beauty in stillness. Visualize yourself navigating and conquering this time while not gaining weight.
2. Stay positive and keep your head up.
Keep the glass is half-full and not half-empty mentality.
1. Enjoy the extra time with your loved ones.
Find ways to create precious memories because time is our most precious asset.
We will get through this together!