Living life to the fullest doing what I love. Great times this morning at Fox 4 studios! Click here to watch the video!
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — If you’re in your 40s and looking to get fit, health and fitness coach Candice McField says its important to go back to the things you love, such as pilates, salsa dancing or jogging. Watch the video above for more.
◦ Exercise is STILL the best form of preventative medicine
▪ It’s about precision and form
▪ It’s about enjoyment – going back to your first workout loves
▪ Consistent resistance training is crucial
◦ Continued slowing of metabolism + for women weight gain in the abdomen
▪ estrogen levels decline → fat storage settles at the abdomen → more fat circulates closer to the heart → leading cause of heart disease
◦ 3x per week; full body workouts
▪ 4x/ week – 45-60 minutes moderately paced
· less impact & intensity compared to 20s & 30s